Monday, May 26, 2008

"Let's change your sheets," I said. I looked at his Minnie Mouse sheets and thought of his preschool friends who would be over after school. We invited his class for an 'end of school' party.
"I want Dora sheets on," Antonio said.
"How about Nemo?" I said, still thinking of his friends coming. Some five year old boys wouldn't dare admit that they like Dora or Minnie Mouse or the Care Bears. Nemo was the most nongirl sheets we had in our closet. Crystel had the Superman sheets on her bed.
"I like Dora better than Nemo."
So, Dora sheets it was. I made the bed the best I could and covered up most of Dora.
"I want to pick the pillow case."
"Why don't we just leave Woody and Buzz Lightyear on."
"No. I want to pick the pillow case."
There was no helping him. His pillow with a Dora pillow case lay on top of everything.