Thursday, May 1, 2008

Bandit Rose before Surgery

"I know how babies are born," Crystel said yesterday.
Antonio, Crystel and I were in the car and I was explaining how Bandit Rose was going to have surgery to not have babies until she stopped me with that sentence.
Two weeks ago, while passing a cemetery, Crystel had asked if Mama Jody and I exercised so we didn't get fat and have a baby. "That's not how babies are born," I said. We went on to have the 'discussion'. Jody, of course, fears I tell her too much. I thought for sure that Crystel would enlighten Antonio as soon as they got together. She kept the prized information to herself for fourteen days.
"How are babies born?" I said.
Crystel explained almost verbatim what I had told her.
I thought Antonio was getting it until he said, "I'm going to have a baby."
The kids and I took Bandit in early today. She had fasted since 5pm yesterday. I don't like being hungry. I don't like children being hungry. I don't like animals being hungry. I was getting worried that Bandit would start eating the bird seed that had spilled from the feeder. So I hustled everyone into the car.