Thursday, July 8, 2010

Antonio and Crystel playing. Of course, everything is in Spanish. Their Spanish summer camp begins. Our last plane trip of the day. It was raining and we were given umbrellas to use for our walk to the plane. This ride would be fifty minutes.
Landing in Flores. This made me think of my Peace Corps experience in Tonga - a hole in the wall for the luggage to come through. The boy in the black shirt is Guatemalan. He is helping another person who gave him a few dollars. He also helped us. Soon we will meet our driver Carlos who will be with us for ten days. Antonio and Crystel always wanted to handle our baggage. Jody and I would let them struggle with the bags without helping them. Other Guatemalan's would jump in and assist.
When we arrived at our hotel it was dark. This is what I opened our patio door to. I wish you could hear all the different birds singing like I did. Jody, Antonio and Crystel were still asleep. I let them sleep while I sat on our patio and enjoyed it all.